This privacy statement applies to www.TheNaturalCitizen.com and The Natural Citizen (“The Natural Citizen”) websites, services, applications and products that collect data and display these terms (collectively, our “sites”).
Information we collect
The Natural Citizen collects many types of information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences we can. This information includes:
- Information you provide (for example, when you register with our sites, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, participate in surveys and purchase our products or services);
- Information collected from other sources (for example, we may collect information from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases).
- We may also combine this information to help us tailor our communications and advertisements to you, develop exceptional products and services, and improve our sites. Information Collected Automatically by Our Partners.
- At our sites, we collect information from you when you choose to share it with us to use our sites or services, register with our sites, sign up for newsletters or our e-mail list, sign up to receive text message alerts, participate in an online or text message survey or promotion, purchase products or services from us, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, e-mail address, age, gender, photo/image and, if you make a purchase on our sites, credit/debit card number or other financial information. You may also be required to provide certain information to create an online account. While some information is mandatory to create your account, you can control what information is available to other members on our sites. We do not require you to register or provide this information to us in order to view our sites or have access to most site content.
Information we collect automatically
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including personal and non-personal information collected through our sites, to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our sites, services, and products.
Information collected from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. This information may include name, demographic information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior.
Your ability to control cookies and similar technologies
Cookies, web beacons, Flash cookies and similar technologies serve many important functions that help us serve you better. However, you have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including web browser controls to block and delete cookies, or adjust your tracking preferences;
You can set your Internet browser or operating system settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, to omit images (which will disable pixel tags) or adjust your tracking preferences. Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. You can opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page. Without cookies or pixel tags though, you may not be able to take full advantage of our sites’ features. Check the “Tools” or “Help” tab on your browser to learn how to change your cookie and other tracking preferences
How we use your personal information
The Natural Citizen uses the information we collect for many important purposes, including to:
- Provide the products and services you request;
- Communicate with you regarding our products and services, as well as those of our partners and affiliates;
- Share or post reviews of our products and services; and
- Display more meaningful and relevant advertisements.
The Natural Citizen may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions or comments, fulfill orders, process payments and prevent transactional fraud, provide services, and contact and communicate with you;
- To provide you with customized sites content, targeted offers, and advertising on our sites, on other sites, or via email;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from The Natural Citizen.
- To post review of products and services on our sites;
- To develop new products or services;
- To address problems and review the usage and operations of our sites or business and improve our content, products, and services;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of our sites and our business; and
- As described to you at the point of data collection.
How we share your personal information
The Natural Citizen does not sell or disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent, except where:
- We engage third-party service providers to assist us with the activities identified in this privacy statement. In these situations, we only allow these providers to use your personal information as necessary to perform activities on our behalf or to comply with a legal requirement;
- It is necessary to prevent crime or injury, or as otherwise required by law; and
- Another company acquires us or any of our assets,
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information about our sites’ visitors, except as described here. We do not share your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. For “California residents”, please see below.
We may share personally identifiable information in the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we hire agencies to help administer consumer promotions, to analyze data, to fulfill orders you place, and to provide customer service. These service providers may have access to personally identifiable information about our website visitors if it is needed to perform their functions for The Natural Citizen, but they are not authorized by The Natural Citizen to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on The Natural Citizen behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence. In addition, we may disclose information where we think it’s necessary to investigate or prevent an actual or suspected crime or injury to ourselves or others, if required by law, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
We may conduct joint promotions with other companies. We may share with our promotional partners (and their service providers) certain personally identifiable information as necessary to conduct the promotion. We will not share this information with our promotional partners for any other purpose unless you consent to such sharing.
During the normal course of our business, The Natural Citizen may sell or purchase assets or equity. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personally identifiable information provided through this website in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement.
How we protect your information
The Natural Citizen maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personally identifiable information we collect on our sites.
Choice & control over your personal information
To change how The Natural Citizen contacts you, to correct or change your information or to cancel your registration with us, you can either update your information in our website or email our Online Team. You are ultimately in control of the personal information you provide to us on our sites. For example, you can change your preference for follow-up contacts by e-mailing the Online Team. If you prefer, you can cancel your registration and we will take steps to remove your personal information from our database.
The Natural Citizen’s sites are intended for general audiences and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 on our sites.
Our sites are intended for general audiences and The Natural Citizen does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 on our sites. We might permit a child to send us an e-mail. We will respond to or deliver these e-mails, but we do not store the names, e-mail addresses, or the e-mails themselves in our operational database. We do not maintain this information, nor do we share it with third parties (other than support service companies as described above).
Under federal law, websites directed to children under 13 are prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to engage in the activity. We comply fully with this requirement.
Upon proper identification, any parent can review any personal information we have collected from their child, if we are still maintaining the information in our operational database. They may also request that the information be deleted from our database, and refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s information. If you are a parent and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Online Team as described below
Links to other sites
The Natural Citizen tries to make sure that any links on our sites send you to a helpful and reliable place on the Internet, but we are not responsible for the content of these other sites or their privacy practices.
The Natural Citizen reasonably tries to make sure that every link on our sites sends you to a helpful place on the Internet. We provide these links solely for your convenience and information. In addition, different websites have different privacy statements associated with the use of those sites. Please check the privacy statement of the specific site you’re visiting to understand the privacy practices associated with that site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third party websites.
Public Forum Information
You may use our sites to post reviews of our products and services, but once you do, it becomes public information and we may continue to display your content even if you terminate your account.
Any information, such as reviews, that you may disclose to your network of connections on our sites, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on our sites, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. If you terminate your account, we may continue to show some of your content in anonymized form.
Updates on our Privacy Statement
We may change or update portions of this privacy statement at any time and without prior notice to you. Please check back from time to time so you are aware of any changes or updates to the privacy statement. We will indicate the privacy statement’s effective date on the first page of the privacy statement.